Jazz up your garden with these unique pallet garden ideas. You are sure to find at least one you will love for your yard!
Create The Perfect Garden Using Pallets
There is no better feeling than being out in the garden getting some fresh air, and feeling productive.
There are always ways to make your garden more exciting. One of the best ways I’ve found is by using pallets to add a bit of creativity to my garden.
Where to Find Wood Pallets?
It’s actually easier than you think to find wood pallets to use in your garden, and often times you can get them for free.
The number one place I recommend looking is local small businesses. Often times these businesses received shipments on pallets, and they just throw them away afterwards.
So walk in and strike up a conversation. You may just walk out with some pallets you can use in your garden!
Once you get your hands on a few wood pallets, you’re ready to put them to good use in your garden!
But First, a Few Tips
- Avoid using painted or stained pallets as they can create dangerous fumes when sanding and cutting
- Keep an eye out for rusty nails! Pallets are full of nails, so wear gloves and other protective gear when working with them.
- Look for the “HT Stamp.” This stamp tells you that the pallet was heat treated rather than chemical treated making them safe to work with.
- Try to avoid warped pallets if you are planning on using them for tables or benches. (But warped pallets are still great for gardens!)
- Rather than trying to pry the boards off, use a reciprocating saw to easily cut through the nails!
Get Out There And Put Those Pallets to Use
There are pallets everywhere just waiting for you to give them a second life in your garden, so get out there and have some fun with it.
Make sure to comment if you decide to give any of these unique pallet garden ideas a try, we’d love to see your work!